Google Analytics is a free service by Google that allows you to measure statistics as well as basic analytical tools to see what is working for your website. It is so accessible that anyone with a Google account can utilize this intuitive service. The collection of data that this amazing tool offers gives you an insight into areas that can help you gauge the efficiency of your marketing strategies, user behaviour and other aspects that could positively impact sales. Here are some ways that you can make Google Analytics work for your website.
1. You can track outbound links to see where your users are going It is vital to understand where your users are heading to when they exit your website. When you learn more about the outbound link behaviour of your consumers, you will be able to can optimize your site to aid conversions and alter your brand messaging for amplified impact. With tracking, you will know which domains convert most effectively and subsequently focus your marketing efforts on those channels. It will also tell you which part of your website convert the best. This will allow you to place important links at those prime positions.
2. You can get real-time statistics about the performance of your website Google Analytics gives real-time statistics about how your website is performing, how many unique users visit your site every day, how much time they are spending on your website on an average, which part of your website is most popular with users and more. These intuitive features result in lead generation and eventually to an increase in sales. Another great part about this tool is that it is extremely flexible. You can choose to see trends wither daily or over a specified period of time.
3. You can track social media links
One of the most powerful ways to drive traffic to your website is through social media. Many websites, bloggers, etc encourage their users to share their content on their personal social networks such as Twitter, and Facebook. This leads to the content in question trending or turning viral in nature. This can lead to many more unique visitors, subscribers and customers leading back to the website. It makes perfect sense then, to track which users are most responsible for turning your content viral so you can focus more attention on them in the future.
4. You can find out which online campaigns are generating more traffic than others
Google Analytics lets you find out which of your online marketing campaigns are the most effective in driving traffic to your site and leading to conversions. This lets you find out the ROI of your marketing strategies and social media campaigns.
5. You can find out where your best visitors are most present
Google Analytics allows you to view worldwide statistics of not only where your users are located but also information like bounce rate of visitors from certain countries, the average time they spend on your website and more.