So, here we are again but not with an update on everyday topics such as Graphic Designing or Social Media Marketing. We’re here again with something new. Something that has turned out to be an extremely important thing and constitutes about 80% of your worries online. Without taking any longer, we’ll just cut to the chase and let you know that we are talking about Search Engine Optimization or SEO as it’s commonly called. For all you SEO lovers out there and also those of you who have no idea how to do it and do it really good, we have here, a list of quick and easy SEO cheats.
1. Keyword/Phrase : The first and foremost step into the list is deciding upon a relevant keyword/phrase for your blog or article. It is essential for your keyword to go hand – in -hand with the basic idea of the rest of the content or Google will be like, “NO”. Once that is done, refine your keyword/phrase with the help of Google’s Keyword Planner and that is that.
2. Keyword Placement : Once you pick your keyword/phrase, you need to literally spam it everywhere. Put it in your URL link, page title, Meta description and most importantly, the main content. When placing it in the content, ensure that it is mentioned earlier in the post and should appear frequently.
3. Meta Description : For starters, Meta descriptions DO NOT influence your page rankings, so you need to get that in your head straight and they’re just a snippet of whatever your blog/article is all about. Since it lets your readers to get an insight about the blog, you should keep it short and informative including your keyword/phrase of preference.
4. Stop Words : Stop words include, “and, or, the” and this may come off as a surprise but these words end up hindering your SEO efforts. Therefore, your life will be much better if you simply avoid including these stop words in your content. Since it isn’t possible to completely get rid of these words, we would suggest you to minimize their use as much as you can.
5. Image SEO : Images should generally be a part of every post that you do because it pleases the reader and saves them from boredom. Images are pretty helpful with SEO as well, since Images include a title, a caption and an alt – tag. Uncle Google recognizes that alt -tag and acts accordingly so yes, images are important.
6. H1 and H2 Tags : These tags, as some of you may not know, tell Google what your page is actually about. The overall theme or topic of your post and your keyword/phrase is caught by Heading 1 while Heading 2 highlights the subheadings.
7. Ease of Reading : Don’t be too selfish and think about your readers once in a while. Provide them with a post which can be read and understood easily or they won’t think twice before bouncing off. Keep your sentences short and simple and don’t try to squeeze in too many words in just a single sentence.
8. External Links : This, as the sub – heading suggests, is nothing but either linking internal articles to the external ones or vice – versa. Studies show that linking of posts actually increases visitors and turns out to be an important factor in getting high rankings. While it’s obvious in facing difficulty in linking external ones to internal ones, doing it the other way around is as easy as it gets.
9. Word Count : While we suggest to not to make your article or post unnecessarily long, writing 300 words or less isn’t a good idea either. Writing such a short article will hinder Google from recognizing it as valuable content. Advisable word count for a blog should should be between 450 -650 words.
10. Tools : And here’s the last but not the least point which includes the most obvious thing which can help you with your SEO efforts. When you’re done with reaching out to all those nooks and corners suggested earlier in this post, it’s time to reach out to appropriate tools which will further help you.
So yes, these little but important SEO tricks and trips will hopefully help you out a bit and give you that much needed boost.