Google Analytics is a free service launched by Google which helps in providing statistics and basic analytical tools for marketing purposes as well as search engine optimization (SEO). If you have a Google account, you can make use of this great service. While many people may be aware of this analytical tool, there are some who still question its importance. The data collection offered by Google Analytics gives you a valuable insight into many great aspects that could positively impact your marketing strategy, user behaviour as well as general efficiency of your website. Here are some reasons to consider Google Analytics for your website.
What It Does
• This data visualization tool displays chances in data over time through a dashboard, motion charts, and scorecards.
• It provides segmentation for conversions resulting from analysis of subsets
• It offers customized reports
• It provides email-based communication and sharing
• You can integrate it with other Google products, such as Public Data Explorer, AdWords, and Website Optimizer
How it Can Help Your Website
1. It can Tell You About Your Unique Visitors
If you have ever wondered how many people visit your website every day, Google Analytics can help you with that. Through this useful, interactive tool you can gauge the exact amount of unique visitors that arrive onto your site daily. The parameters are flexible and allow you to see trends wither over a period of time or daily.
2. It denotes the average time a user spends on your website
This tool gives you an insight into how much time a unique visitor is spending on your website on an average. It also tells you where people are most likely to visit, whether it is just the homepage of your website or also the internal pages as well. These perceptive analyticals could result in lead generation or sales.
3. It gives you an insight about the sources of traffic
Analytics allows you to measure your ROI figures based on your SEO strategies and can be vital to the growth of your business. You can therefore see where your traffic is arriving from and in some cases, also visit the referring link in question to view see where your website link is placed.
4. It identifies traffic-pulling keywords
In your SEO strategies there may be some keywords that are driving more traffic than others. Even though your website ranks well, there may be some keywords that aren’t really working for you. This tool helps you identify the non-performing keywords as well as those that are responsible for driving traffic to your website.
5. It helps you track what sections are more popular than others
There may be some sections of your site that are pulling in more users and engaging them in ways that other sections are not. Google tracking allows you to identify the sections that are more profitable than others, or that are getting more prominence merely because of how they are placed or promoted on your website.